Help With Spartus Sparatflex Repair

<p>Hello! I just acquired my first TLR camera, a Spartus Sparatflex, only to find the mirror had slide and broke during shipping. I thought it would be an essay enough fix, just take out the screws and replace the mirror, but the screws by the viewfinder hood don't appear to be something I can take out, also I'm not entirely sure how much of the mirror is left, so I'm not sure on the size. Any suggestions? (The image in the viewfinder is sideways, but still there so assuming it doesn't break much more I should still be able to use the camera if I'm not worried about what exactly I was taking a picture of, but it would be great to find a way to fix it without spending a huge amount). Thank you for any feedback!</p>

<p>I have no experience of these, but as you aren't getting any responses ..</p>

<p>In what way are you not able to remove the screws? I assume you have a screwdriver that fits. Won't they turn, or do they just turn, but not come out?</p>

<p>The mirrors in TLR's are generally silvered on the front surface. I think there are two varieties of Spartaflexes, one a "pseudo TLR" with no focusing link between viewing and taking lenses. In this case the upper lens is just for viewing and it probably doesn't matter if the replacement mirror is front silvered. Otherwise does it have a geared focusing link between the two? In this case the new mirror would have to be the same thickness as the old one, and silvered on the same surface to maintain critical focus.</p>

<p>Posting a picture of the top of the camera might help.</p>

Like John said.. posting a picture would help. There'S a link somewhere here for a fellow who will custom make mirrors. I

considered that once so I think I can find his name if you're interested. He's in the USA. I am the champion at starting TLR

repiars and leaving them sit for years... Please don't be sucg a jerk as I have been!

If it's not too far along.... fix the thing and shoot pictures for us here on CMC!