D750 error - anyone seen this?

dshombert

<p>I was using my D750 in Live View over a period of three days, in a workshop. I took about 400 shots. At the end of the last day, I shot a series of about six and the mirror wouldn't come back up after the last shot. I tried to turn the camera off and it would not go off, i.e., even though the switch was in the OFF position, the top LCD still displayed the info. Then I took the battery out and reinstalled it. That got me an error message (ERR). Next I took the battery out and left it out for several minutes, then reinstalled it - same result. At that point, the workshop leader came along and tried his hand at it. We're not sure what he did, but it started working again and has worked normally ever since.</p>

<p>Anyone else had an experience like this? Should I send it to Nikon? It's still under warranty. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I would seriously make an effort to reproduce this problem, making a series of live-view captures (or whatever you did to trigger it to begin with). If you cannot reproduce it, try it again in the following day or two. If you really cannot reproduce it, I don't see any point to send it to Nikon. Most likely they also won't be able to reproduce the problem and will send the D750 right back to you.</p>

<p>If you can reproduce it, chance is that something is really wrong and you'd better get it fixed under warranty or you'll be stuck with the repair bill in the future after the warranty expires.</p>

<p>I have had a D750 since December 2014. Mine has been working fine except for a defective GPS connection. Nikon fixed it under warranty. My D750 is my first Nikon SLR that requires warranty service (since my first Nikon from 1977), first in almost 4 decades.</p>

<p>My D750 did the very same thing. I did end up sending it to Nikon and they ended up replacing the shutter assembly and calibrating it. It was there less than a week and they did it for me at no charge. It was done under the recall notice and my D750 is a gray market one. Thank you Nikon ! Now it is better than ever.</p>

<p>Had exactly the same issue and after an inspection by my dealer he told me he would have to send the camera to Nikon. I was told to expect it back in a week but it actually took two weeks. Dealer told me that Nikon Europe had to order some replacement "parts" which were not stock items and this was the reason for the delay. However, I have my camera back and I am still a very satisfied Nikon user.<br>

btw.... during the time my camera was in for repair, my dealer loaned me a D810 for the two weeks at no charge. </p>

<p>Yes, I checked on that link when I got the camera (and I double-checked just now). The camera's been fine since that one occurrence. Realistically, I'd expect Nikon to say they won't do anything to it if they can't reproduce the problem, but Javier and Brian apparently had a different experience. Is it worth asking Nikon about it before sending it in?</p>

<p>Dave, when will your warranty expire? If it is going to expire in two weeks, I might get in touch with Nikon just to be on the safe side. If the warranty is still good for another 4 months, I'd monitor the camera closely and see whether the problem recurs in the next few weeks, mainly because if Nikon cannot reproduce the problem, chance is that they won't do anything and you are mainly wasting time and shipping cost to send the camera over.</p>

<p>However, if you don't mind waiting on the phone for a little while, it can't hurt to give Nikon a call.</p>

<p>The warranty is good until next January, and there's a one-year extended warranty offered by my credit card company. So I think I'll just continue using it, wait and see if it happens again. If it does, then I'll send it back to Nikon. Thanks to all who helped.</p>