canon eos 1d mark ii or similar cameras like it

david_mcnair

<p>Hi i took on a job at a bike shop to be their photographer for their ads and did a little bit of research to see what type of camera i need to invest in and what i have come up with was the canon eos mark ii . I am using the camera to take action shots for people riding bikes , mountain biking and bike polo and dirt jumping. What i was wondering what other cameras or different companies out there have the same specs or better in that generation because at $400 bucks for a used mark ii dose not seem bad but I'm just seeing whats out there , any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.</p>

<p>$400 for a 1D Mark II can't be beaten I think. I've bought a 1Ds Mark II two years ago for the same reason. The only thing those bodies are lacking compared to more modern bodies is high ISO noise and maybe pixel count. (and dynamic range for those who like to pull shadows 5 stops)<br>

AF speed is spectacular which might be very important for you too. And they can withstand rain and dust.<br>

Be aware that if it breaks, it probably can't be repaired.</p>

<p>Given the choice, go for the 1D MkIIn. The larger display on the back is more than worth it.<br>

The MkII and N bodies are still used by a number of news shooters around the world. Still produce excellent images. Batteries can be rebuilt if you want an the cameras do the job reliably.</p>

I bought a 1DS mk2 about 5 years ago, really solid build quality and image quality is excellent at lower ISO settings. Focussing is pretty

fast and is hugely customisable in terms of focus point selection and tracking speed. The downside is that newer cameras control noise

better at ISO1600 plus and the batteries can be a pain as they seem to loose charge in a couple of days and suffer from the memory

effect. Definitely buy some spares.

Ok so I have made my choice and I'm going with the 1dmark II , from all the support on here and research it seems like

the better buy and since I'm just starting my career as a photographer "and I'm on a budget lol" I can always up grade

later . Any suggestions on lenses that are good for a action shots that won't brake the bank to much? Or should I be

asking what should I be looking for in a lens?