Split image focusing screen

rick_jack1

Has anyone tried one of the split image focusing screens being offered with a toot kit on EBay for their D750 or D700? The add says it

does not affect the AF, but I'm not convinced. If you installed one, how easy was it? Does anyone know if Nikon offers this option or

service?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and thanks in advance for your opinion.

Rick

<p>I don't know about the D750, but I use manual focus lenses on my D700 and find it pretty easy to focus, even with my 50mm f1.2 AIS lens. I've got one of those Nikon DK-17M eyepieces, and that helps, but I find the D700 much easier to manual focus than my D4 or my old D100.</p>

<p>Ebay versions => Very, very low quality focusing screen. Not worth anything. Crap.</p>

<p>Other split image focusing screens made for other cameras and modified to fit => Well worth it. For instance Nikon K3 (from FM3 camera) and Canon EB-C (from 1D series) are both very good.</p>

<p>AF is unaffected, metering might be a little affected (depends on metering mode, aperture etc).</p>

<p>Nikon don't sell any split-image focusing screens for their digital cameras. Canon does.</p>

<p>It's easy to change if you're careful and reasonably technical. Since the split image screen is way more accurate than the standard screen you might need focus screen adjustment. That's a job for a service center since it's often means re-adjustning the AF as well. I've had this done on several cameras.</p>