Flattening Dye-Sub Prints

<p>Hi, I recently bought a DNP DS620A dye-sub printer for my event photography. For the most parts I am quite satisfy with it. The prints look great. The main beef I have is that except for prints coming from the beginning of the roll, the prints curl a lot. And I mean A LOT! That's the only complaint from my clients and a big one. Is there any trick to flatten these dye-sub prints? </p>

<p>On large format inkjet printers the paper usually comes in rolls and they curl up as well. The trick is to roll it by hand the other way. Then it becomes flat.<br>

You might need a small paper roll or something to roll the print around. You could also use a sheet of small plastic and roll it inside that. Search for flatten inkjet prints on the net and you'll find lots of examples.</p>

<p>I assume dye sub prints will behave the same.</p>

<p>I have put them under very heavy weight for hours. Doesn't work. But this is what actually work very well: I make a "de-curler" with a heavy duty tube (I use a paper core from a spent inkjet paper roll) and a scrap canvas paper. Canvas is excellent because it's tough. I can tightly wrap about up to 30 prints at one time onto the tube (curling them the other way, of course) with the canvas. In about 10 min, they will be flat for mildly curled prints and in about 20-30 min for really curled prints.</p>