Jacob Abu Sobol in digital processing

<p>Have you tried doing it? Just do it. I gave you enough.</p>

<p>If you're seeking a one-button plug-in, say so. I don't know of any.</p>

<p>You could make your own preset with thirty-minutes, or less, of experimentation.</p>

<p>You are right, I should try before. But maybe you can guide me at least on the type of film used, so I can emulate in Silver effex. tri-x maybe?<br />My idea was to discuss with us and to know how to achieve that effect on digital.<br />Sorry for my english.</p>

<p>I'm a DxO FilmPack user. They've got a 31-day free trial. You can click through the dozens of B&W film simulations in a matter of minutes. They do make a big difference and you can emphasize the characteristics easily with the Contrast and Micro-contrast sliders.</p>

<p>In general, getting a film look from digital just takes experimentation. It would be more of a learning experience if you play around with different adjustments in your software and paying attention to the qualities you are after. That way you will learn something and it will help you discover your own "look" rather than just copying the "look" of someone else. We all do this to some degree. Quoting from Joseph Campbell, the famous mythology professor: "If the path is all laid out in front of you, its not your path. Your path you make with every step you take. That's why its your path."</p>