Canon T90 electronic Input wheel - How to fix

gary_d1

<p ><a name="_GoBack"></a>Hi All.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I recently acquired a Canon T-90 with an intermittently “re-active” input wheel (electronic input dial). It will, at times, do what it’s supposed to do, but you need to work at it.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >There were a few posts on this many years back of folks having success with contact cleaner, but that was about it. No details given.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I’m guessing that the simpler attempt to fix (what those older posts were alluding to), involves spraying the contact cleaner down into the wheel, between the wheel and the camera housing, versus I’m guessing as well, the better fix of taking the camera apart. Has anybody had descent results with the “simpler” fix?</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I do have a perfectly operating T-90…This one was a relatively cheap acquisition, so I’m not overly worried of any ill effects of my attempt to fix.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Thank You</p>

<p>Yes just spray it into the space between the wheel and the housing. Works perfectly and super fast. Spray it and work it through. You will be surprised by the difference. Did mine twice in the last few years that I owned it. Bought the contact cleaner at my local "Circuit City" or "The Source", Radio Shack in Canada in those days.</p>

<p>Phenomenal camera. The basis for every camera design today, 30 years later! Funny, I remember the salesmen in 1986 warning me that I would have to replace the LCD on the top in a couple of years. Never happened, and I am sure yours is still fine!</p>

<p>John, thanks. Will give that a try as soon as I get some new contact cleaner. I have some that's about 10 years old. Probably does not go bad, but what the heck...cheap enough to get new cleaner. Thanks Again</p>