Large size full HD SDI monitor

<p>Hi guys,I plan to buy a large size full HD monitor,from 15'' to 18''.My friend recommend me a Seetec 17.3'' monitor.I check on their website,and find it is 1920×1080 pixels,with inputs SDI,HDMI,DVI,Ypbpr.Viewing angle is good,80°/80°(L/R) 60°/80°(U/D).Functions such as:Peaking Focus Assist,Center Marker,Screen Marker,Image Freeze/Flip,etc.<br>

Do you guys try this one before?Can you give me some advises?</p>

<p>http://www.seetec.cn/ShowInfo.aspx?id=24&py=17-3-Aluminum-Design-IPS-19201080-Pro-Broadcast-LCD-Monitor-with-3G-SDI-HDMI-AV-YPbPr-P173-9HSD</p>

<p>1) Are you prepared to deal directly with a company in China, when it comes to service and warranty?<br /><br />2) They don't show any means by which to shield it from the sun. Are you using it on location?<br /><br />3) Do you have the right battery rig? A good V-mount battery system is expensive.</p>

<p>18" seems very large for a camera monitor and small for video editing. A monitor designed for video would probably not have the right color for photography, and <em>vice versa</em>. SDI is something usually found on high end cameras (or video cards). For most of us, HDMI is all you need for video, and DVI for a computer monitor, seldom at the same time.</p>

<p>Best entry level production monitor I know of in NA are the ones from <a href="http://www.shopfsi.com/default.asp">Flanders Scientific</a>. They have a nice set of 17" - 24" monitors with nice useful capabilities.</p>

<p>Other than that, do like Beth suggests and go to a website like B&H and search for "production monitor". Lots to choose from, but the cheaper ones leave out the software features you seem to want like peaking focus, so look closely at their specs. Just sayin'.</p>