EyeFi for 20D

subha

<p>I like the idea of instantly transferring photos from Canon 20D to my iPhone say in JPEG format that does not require heavy manipulation or RAW format. <br>

I found CF adapter for my Body. I guess I need to also buy mobi 8GB or Mobi-Pro 16 GB. </p>

<p>My question is, I have 2 Canon 20D bodies, and if I go with 2 sets of CF adapters and try to connect them to my iphone, will each CF adapter (WiFi) have a unique SSID? Can i set a name. </p>

<p>What if there are many Photographers around you all using WiFi - Mobi, how does that work?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>They will both have unique SSID's but I don't think you can edit them.</p>

<p>I have a 20D and a 30D that I use Eye-fi cards in. The small-ish file sizes work great. In my case I upload them to smugmug, not a phone, so they are available everywhere. That works wonderfully.</p>

<p>I was thinking of a wired alternative after reading DP Review and the comments on how bad the 8GB card is. <br>

All I need is a USB to Lightning interface, and connect the camera - mini-USB to the iPhone and view images and transfer images directly. <br>

Can this be done?</p>

<p>I have two cards and I can see they are called Red and Orange, so I must have named them when I created them.<br />My cards are matched to the EyeFi program in my PC, that I used for configuration.<br /><br /></p>

<p>"Can this be done?"</p>

<p>There is a "camera adapter" cable that provides a female USB from the Lightning connector -- it's 6 inches long and costs $29, but so be it (that's Apple!). As of at least iOS 9.2, you can import Canon CR2 files, which I believe are actually converted as opposed to JPG extractions in earlier versions. It will not read USB drives though, complains about inadequate power. I picked up a Kingston module that sets up as a hotspot and allows copying from an SD card to a USB drive (or visa versa). I acquired all this to use with a 64G iPad Air2 while traveling, but the stuff appears to work with my iPhone 5c also.</p>

• 5 weeks later...