Shot locations for Munich visit in June

martin_glazer

Hi

I am finally revisiting Munich after 40 years. I am going in June for a week.

I am bringing my Nikon D7200 and the Nikon 24 70 f2.8 lens as well as my 35 and 50 mm f1.8g.

Are there any picture locations that any one can recommend. I will look at Flicker for Munich, for some ideas. I could go to some places

in Munich that sell picture postcards for some picture ideas. I also have the Nikon 70-200 f4 i could bring.

Does any obe have any advise

Thanks

<p>Hi Martin,<br>

We were in Munich last year for a bike tour and spent 3 days as a side trip before going on to the Boden See but had many photo opportunities. I had my Nikon D7100, Nikon 16-85mm and my Nikon 70-200/f4. When you are at the Marienplatz where the clock tower is, be sure you go inside Peterskirche (oldest church in Munich) for beautiful Baroque styling and climb up the tower for pix of the Marienplatz from above and other rooftop lines. Use your tele for some candid street shots of musicians, artisans, etc while around the platz and be sure to go inside the Rathaus (city hall) interior courtyard for gargoyles, interior walls and a nice outdoor meal. Go down into the Ratskeller for nice warm interior views of a restaurant there, too.<br>

A bus ride to the English Gardens is nice and pick up the bus out to Olympic Park and go up the Olympic Tower for stunning views of the grounds, esp. afternoons. Light off the tops of the Olympic venue roofs is cool. While there, go inside the BMW World showroom (free) and get interior shots of the neat, modernistic stylish architectural lines...and see cars you wish you could afford.<br>

Taking the trolley out to Nymphenburg Palace and its grounds is pretty, and finally, if so inclined, go to Dachau for a reality check of its grim place in history. Enjoy. Skip Wilson</p>