Hasselblad 80mm C lens Mounting Issue

graeme_swank

<p>I have read that the lens and the body of the Hasselblads need to both be in the cocked position. The only thing is that I cannot for the life of me get the lens to get into the coked position. I have turned the screw to align with the red dot, but when I release the screw it snaps the shutter immediately. I have noticed that whatever the little circle thing (with green paint) is next to it engages (for lack of a better term) when I get the screw cocked, but then promptly disengages when I release the screw.<br>

<br />Is this lens FUBAR without sending it in for a repair? I have a project planned for this camera, but it is coming up in two weeks, so there's no real time to send anything out.</p>

<p>There's a little half tube near the "screw head" with a lever inside. That is the latch which holds the lens in the cocked position. It is held engaged by a spring which may have slipped or broken, or the lever itself may be damaged. Turn the cocking shaft past the red dot until it stops. The latch should click into place.</p>

<p>It would not be an expensive repair in itself, but there may be other issues with a lens over 50 years old.</p>