Tripod that will remotely move my camera

doug_maples

<p>I am writing for a little advice in the photography. my wife is really enjoying hers and wants me to get involved also. We have another camera and I would really love it. Here is what I really need to make things work out.<br>

By the way, I am a quadriplegic and cannot use my hands at all. I can use a switch that I get it with my head. – I thought that may help. Also, I am on fixed income, so that would limit things probably<br>

A tripod that can rotate the camera left and right as well as up and down. I know they make them, but I just have not been able to find a place that sells them. Something that would use some kind of servos they would be operated remotely.<br>

I have an app that will allow me to use my iPhone to make all the adjustments with the camera and take the picture. I would just like to be able to set the camera up on a tripod and be able to move it around to find something to take a picture of. (That is kind of Important.)<br>

If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate that.</p>

Doug, the CamRanger PT Hub & MP-360 Kit has electrical rotation (pan) and up and down (tilt). Around $230. Check

out their web site. I would attach the head to a boom or a heavy duty flex arm that mounts on your chair with a super

clamp. I am projecting it would run around $300 total. You can find all the parts including the CamRanger at B&H. Both

B&H and CamRanger should be able to give you some good advice. If you live in the New York area a trip to B&H would

be worthwhile. They could help you trick out your chair for shooting. Good hunting.

<p>Thanks for all the advice. I would really like a little more than 15° tilt up and down. Would that be hard to do?<br>

Unfortunately, I live in rural Mississippi, so I would not be able to go in and look at anything anywhere.<br>

Thanks – Doug</p>

<p>With a heavy duty flex arm or boom you can make gross adjustments and adjust where the starting point begins and then do fine adjustment with the Cam Ranger tilt up 15 degrees or down 15 degrees. The side to side in not limited.</p>