Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90mm f6.8

iangillett

<p>I've spent quite a bit of time on the Internet trying to find the answer to this question, but to no avail. I have an old Rodenstock Grandagon-N (not grandson, as the SpellChecker keeps trying to change the name of the lens to!) 90mm f6.8. It has the letters 'MC' engraved around the rim so I know it is multicoated. The Serial Number is 10629xxx and so I have been able to determine - from the Ground-Glass.net website - that it was manufactured between 1984 and 1986. However, it does not have a green band around the lens which I have seen on similar lenses. Please can anyone tell me whether there were two grades of this lens - one with, one without the green band, or whether this was a cosmetic change introduced at a later date? I have several 'red-banded 'L'' lenses for my Canon cameras, and a couple of 'blue-banded' APO lenses for my Mamiya RZ, and know that these designate a difference in construction for these lenses.<br>

Thank you in advance for your feedback.</p>

<p>Bob - thank you for the quick response. So the only difference is the addition of a green stripe? The optical configuration and the composition of the glass are identical between the two versions? Seems all I need to do is get some green paint and add a stripe - only joking! Best Wishes</p>