Fair EOS 20D Going Price?

pidge_gunderson

<p>Hello everyone! <br>

I have an <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-MODEL/dp/B0002XQJFA">EOS 20D</a> I'd like to sell eventually but I have no idea what would be fair for the buyer. I'm not really a photographer, I just inherited the camera.<br>

Here's all of what I have with it:<br>

>The camera</p>

<ul>

<li>practically like new except it's lcd screen isn't showing up (but i've read that's just low battery)</li>

<li>pny 4gb sd card</li>

<li>promaster 8gb compact flash</li>

<li>one recharable battery pack</li>

</ul>

<p>>two uv filters<br>

>sunpak card reader<br>

>lens cleaning cloth<br>

>two extra lens covers<br>

>the camera bag<br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. </p>

In EX condition maybe $200. $125 to $150 all day long on ebay for average condition. Sad...It's a good camera and it still

makes very nice 8X10 images! I'm not sure about the cost of the cards. They've also gone way done. Try to get $200 for everything, take $175.

<p>If somebody gives you $100 for it, you've got yourself a good deal. I bought one on eBay for that price not too long ago, and it had seen light studio use only. The only blemish was some almost imperceptible scratching on the base plate near the tripod mount. Other than that the camera was like new. It's a good camera, but it's the bargain of the DSLR world. KEH sells them from $69 to $109. I wouldn't sell one, but keep it as a backup.</p>

<p>If you can not confirm that it works, ie if you don't want to charge the battery or are missing the charger, you've got yourself a paper weight.</p>

<p>If you have a lens with it, sell that separately.</p>

<p>If it works, you might get $75 for it if lucky. I couldn't sell a 2011 Olympus Pen for $75 with extra OEM battery. I figured technology was too old and nobody wanted it. No problem selling my newer cameras.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I doubt you'd get anything much for it at all. As you have no lens, you have no way to test that it is all working. A local buyer might bring their own lens to test with - but if they have a lens already, they surely have a camera body too, and likely a newer one than the 20D.</p>

<p>A pre-certified excellent condition 20d with battery and charger are up on KEH for $109 right now. With no testing you're probably competing with their bargain condition at $69. This camera isn't a seller anymore, it's a shooter. Get a lens for it (maybe a 50mm if you don't want basement price) and a charger, and use it for product photography if nothing else.</p>

<p>To reiterate:<br>

Without proof that it works, its value is nil<br>

The gear/accessories you list have no value. Give them to the Salvation Army or some such.<br>

If the camera does work, it would probably sell on eBay at rather less than US$100, perhaps much less. This is one of the commonest of older digital cameras, even though it is still a good shooter.<br>

The problem is that nearly everybody that want(s)(ed) one already has one.<br>

If a local school has a photo program, consider a donation of the kit to them.</p>

<p>Saw one on eBay for $69. You may be able to get a few dollars for it on Craigslist. At that price consider donating to charity for a tax credit. It's a very old camera and there are used newer models going for peanuts. If the camera is in working order, it probably can still take some nice photos, just can't compete with the bargains on used higher resolution better low light low noise cameras that are out there by the dozens any day on Craigslist. Maybe just give it to a struggling student, niece, nephew, someone just learning photography that can't afford a camera but would love learning with a DSLR and then enjoy the good Karma and smile you create helping someone young discover DSLR photography. </p>
Cheers, Mark

lol, guess I was way off! Here's an idea, keep it and have it converted to IR (Infrared photography) I'm sure it will sell for a lot

more. Google IR camera conversions and see what the cost might be for this model. A lot of photographers dig that IR look,

myself included.

With a flash and the accessories you should be able to get a higher price than $110. The flash must be worth at least $50.

<p>I keep a 20D with a 28-135 lens and a 10D with a 50 f/1.8 lens around to let others use. That way they can get good photos without risking my newer equipment. Kids love them. You can't get enough out of selling them unless you find someone local who wants them and they work great.</p>