cfv-50c digital-back

<p>I've recently purchased a cfv-50c digital-back to use with a Schneider 24 Apo - Digitar lens mounted on a Cambo WRS 1200 pancake camera (alpa was the closest category I could find). <br>

The first test drive is less than promising. Apart from coverage issues which I expected to some extent with a wide angle lens like this, there seems to be some really weird colour fringing / blooming that I did not expect. <br>

Is this combination of back + camera + lens simply not compatible?<br>

Could this be a problem with the sensor in which case I can perhaps still return the back?<br>

Is this a problem with the lens, as the dealer suspects?<br>

What solutions are there?<br>

I have tried a custom profile which reduces the problem partially.</p>

<p>The Schneider 24 APO is an extreme wide angle lens with a short back focus. Light impinges on the sensor at an extreme angle of incidence toward the edges, which leads to parallax between the Bayer filter and the sensor. Perhaps it is no surprise that this lens is no longer made.</p>

<p>This problem exists with other lenses and formats too, and not just color fringing but serious sharpness issues, best described as smearing in the corners, which cannot be corrected. As a result, I cannot use wide angle lenses designed for film on a Sony A7Rii (42 MP), and similar problems occur with practically every other mirrorless camera of this sort.</p>

<p>I have a CFV16, which I use on Hasselblad 5xx bodies. The shortest lens I use is a CF40/4. People have reported problems similar to your's when used with a wide angle body with a 38 mm Biogon lens. The only color fringing I observe is CA in the lenses, which is easily corrected in software.</p>

<p>You should have no problems if you stick with lenses having a longer distance between the rear element and the sensor. Short focal lengths work best if based on an inverted telephoto design, such as a Zeiss Distagon.</p>

<p>The Schneider 24 APO is an extreme wide angle lens with a short back focus. Light impinges on the sensor at an extreme angle of incidence toward the edges, which leads to parallax between the Bayer filter and the sensor. Perhaps it is no surprise that this lens is no longer made.</p>

<p>This problem exists with other lenses and formats too, and not just color fringing but serious sharpness issues, best described as smearing in the corners, which cannot be corrected. As a result, I cannot use wide angle lenses designed for film on a Sony A7Rii (42 MP), and similar problems occur with practically every other mirrorless camera of this sort.</p>

<p>I have a CFV16, which I use on Hasselblad 5xx bodies. The shortest lens I use is a CF40/4. People have reported problems similar to your's when used with a wide angle body with a 38 mm Biogon lens. The only color fringing I observe is CA in the lenses, which is easily corrected in software.</p>

<p>You should have no problems if you stick with lenses having a longer distance between the rear element and the sensor. Short focal lengths work best if based on an inverted telephoto design, such as a Zeiss Distagon.</p>