accidentally pressed the lens release button

zoe_lim

<p>I have recently removed a lens from my camera, however when I'm mounting in a new lens, I accidentally pressed on the lens release button while mounting. Now, my camera's screen is black and the lens won't come out whenever I turn it on. Is there any way to solve this without going to Olympus as I might need to use my camera tomorrow. Thanks for your help in advance :)</p>

This happens at times. Try to lightly (without force!) twist the lens. It will likely click audibly and the image will be there. I'm talking about an angle of half a degree or something like that.

If you think the lens sits well, press the lens releas button, remove the lens and mout it again.

If the lens is stuck, don't use force, ask a professional.

If you get to the same condition even after unmounting / mounting a few times, the contacts of lens or body may be dirty or damaged. If you have another lens, you could tryy this, or you could again ask for professional help.

My first reaction Zoe is that I do not see a necessary connection to mounting the lens with the button pressed and the failures you now see. As suggested, something else is going on. Remove the lens and thoroughly clean all the gold contacts. They are what tells your camera that a lens is attached and tells the lens what to do. It is frustrating, but have hope. I doubt if you did serious harm. Sometimes removing and reattaching a couple times will restore functionality I have found.