F3-HP behavior

User_4754088

<p>Having an odd event with my F3-HP. When I was out shooting with it today, a couple times, after I advanced the film, when I went to push the shutter button, nothing happened. It felt "spongey", went all the way down to the stop, but did not trip the shutter. I know the film was advanced all the way. But it wouldn't trip the shutter. I let my finger off the shutter button, tapped it a few times, then pressed it again and it worked as normal. <br>

<br>

Happened twice on a walk-around today. Anyone else ever have this happen, and know what might be the cause.</p>

<p>You can still trip the shutter using the mirror-up lever on the right side of the lens mount. That's strictly mechanical, and 1/60 only. Otherwise the shutter is electronically regulated and released. If a new battery doesn't fix the problem, it may be the on/off switch. Mine had to be replaced after a few years.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks everyone. Went out and found a new battery (I use the 1/3N, which is harder to come by now that Radio Shack has closed here in the States). And now she's humming along nicely. I think that was the issue.</p>

<p>Thanks again for all the replies.</p>