Which SD card for my D750?

jason_spaceman

<p>Hello:<br>

I just ordered a Nikon D750 body and so I'm looking at buying a couple of SD cards for it. I've narrowed it down to either the SanDisk Extreme Pro (either 32GB or 64GB), or the Lexar Professional 1000x (either 32 or 64GB). <br>

The 64GB Lexar is on sale for $59 Canadian right now. It has a faster read speed, but the D750 is UHS-I whereas the Lexar is UHS-II, so I take it I wouldn't get the full read/write speeds anyways. I'm not sure what the write speed on this card is. Lexar just lists it as greater than 30MB/s.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I just bought a couple of Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC cards for US$54 from Amazon. They're 95 MB/s, UHS-3 (which I need for XAVCS video). That card seems to be at the sweet spot for $/GB. I stick with Sandisk or Lexar for best compatibility. They seem to work in anything I have (or had).</p>

<p>Faster cards download faster in a card reader. Minutes add up.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Faster cards download faster in a card reader. Minutes add up.</p>

</blockquote>

With Lightroom, speed of download doesn't matter if you use Lightroom to do the image ingestion. You can begin working on images immediately as they download.

<p><a name="pagebottom"></a></p>

<blockquote>

<p> That card seems to be at the sweet spot for $/GB</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

<br />How does it compare in speed to the Lexar he is asking about?</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
<p>I use a Sandisk Extreme because it came as a package with my 6D :-p Coming from a "non-Extreme" Sandisk in a 60D, I've not noticed any drawbacks or major speed falloff.<br /> If 32GB ever gets to be a constraint, I'll probably go with a Lexar 1000x. But that hasn't happened yet. I'm not a pro, so I'm in one-card crew.</p>