Hensel Integra 500 Monolight Recycle Time

dinsdale

<p>I just purchased a used Hensel Integra 500 Monolight from B&H Photo. It's in perfect condition, but my first tests indicate that the recycle time, even at MINIMUM power, is up to ten seconds.</p>

<p>It's supposed to be .5 seconds, and 1.9 seconds at FULL power.</p>

<p>What gives? Any suggestions before I have to send it back?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Since the units are second hand and come from B&H, it's very likely they have not been used for a longer period.<br>

In this (very old) discussion (here on Photonet)<br>

http://www.photo.net/photography-lighting-equipment-techniques-forum/007khy<br>

it's mentioned that in case of a long period of non use, that might influence the functionality of the flash's capacitor</p>

<p>I have noticed that my my old studio flashes would initially take a (at times quite long) period to recycle or sometimes even just start up, after I had dusted them of for use again ( I a.o. still have a couple of Hensel Economy 500W units I bought in the late 80's, as well as a couple of 2nd hand Bowens Bronze and Silver monoblocs)<br>

<br />But after having left them plugged in for some time (half and hour or more), I found that would improve and get back to the standard approx 2 seconds at 500 WS (full power) and faster at lower settings<br>

<br />So my recommendation would be to, before returning your units to B&H, first leave them plugged in and switched on (obviously you can switch the modelling lights off) for an hour so so, and then see if the recycle times have improved.<br>

I have started to plug my old units in for an hour or so each month to avoid the kind of problems you mention.</p>