MINOLTA X-70 Beginner

ramta_sadhu

I'm a big fan of Minolta's X series, and own 3 models, but I could find VERY little on the X-70, which I had not heard of before. They were made in the early '80s, and were probably, repeat PROBABLY a model made mostly for the Japanese Market...I just don't know. Do you get an owner's manual with it, and can you tell if it's working OK? Good travel photography can be taken with any number of cameras, and your X-70 would do, though you might want some additional lenses. My first concern would be to learn all you can about using the camera, and about photography in general.

Hi Ramta

I use my girlfriend's X-70, and yes, it is the same camera as XG-M.

The reviews of this camera on the internet are quite positive - almost no negative comments, and a lot of people seem to be using their X-70 cameras since the early 1980s without any need for repair.

The one I use (purchased in early 1980s) broke down in 2001, and I have recently taken it a small, but competent repair shop. The cost: 150 Canadian Dollars. I would not have spent that much for the repair of a manual camera if it had not been for 1)the large and good quality viewfinder this camera has 2) Three good lenses I (my girlfriend) have for this camera.

You can download the manual for this camera from Henry's Camera website (www.henrys.com) at no cost - go to the manuals page, and locate Minolta XG-M. If you have trouble finding it, e-mail me and I will e-mail you the manual (1.8 Megabytes).

Enjoy your camera