putting digital back on wisner tech. field, questions

randall_thomas2

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Have a wisner 4x5 technical field, am interested in adapting to digital use. Do I need anything other than the back, and what digital back specifications do I need (e.g. are there any physical format/form i need or need to avoid?) Not familiar with adapting LF to digital, so hoping to avoid erroneous back purchase due to some technicality. At present looking for relatively inexpensive back.</p>

<p>Any guidance appreciated. have googled the topic but apparently I am not using the right keywords. Sometimes just one word makes all the difference :(</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p>scott</p>

<p> </p>

If your camera has a Graflok back then Linhof makes a simple adapter plate to mount any Hasselblad V scan back to any

camera with a Graflok back. If your camera does not have a Graflok back then it will become more complicated, if not

impossible.

But your camera was designed for analog work as were your lenses so your camera really isn't precise enough for really

good digital work and the same goes for your analog lenses.

<p>Thanks, I will look into the graflok back/not (has been in storage years now). To some degree the goal is educational to use with my son, so imperfection in quality isn't completely toxic, if the net price difference versus a large-format digital-designed camera is substantial. Would just buy appropriate lens or 2 if deemed useful/necessary.</p>