Mirrorless Monday_November 23rd, 2015

Sanford

<p>Thanks for the generous comments.</p>

<p><strong>Christopher</strong>- Yes, all the E-mount Sigmas are very good. The 60mm f/2.8 is stellar.</p>

<p><strong>Karim</strong>-Yes, they take the same batteries</p>

<p><strong>Anthea</strong>- Based on my use of the NEX 6, compared to the A7, the A6000 is FAR smaller, lighter and cheaper. Shoots longer per charge. A take anywhere camera. Great for street in areas where you don't want to tote a megabuck camera or hiking/scrambling where it gets banged around. Did I say small and light? It serves as a back up to the A7-works with all the same lenses/flashes and the menu system is similar. <strong>Much</strong> faster focusing than the A7, better for action with my native FE lenses. My 200mm gets a FOV of 300mm!<br>

The bottom line is a camera this compact, this light and this inexpensive means I'll actually carry it and<em> not worry about it</em>. For me that is of prime importance. It not only means I'm always ready to shoot, but I'm ready to shoot with a 24MP APS-C powerhouse. I'm a printer so I can always use more MP. Besides...the Mrs. wanted a new camera and the NEX 6 is perfect for her. </p>

<p>Thanks for the info, Louis, I get it now. I have an Olympus P&S that I bought in 2010 back to keep with me all the time and it is truly the WORST ever Oly product ever, although obviously I didn't know it at the time, I guess I was blinded by my long history with and and love for Oly camera's. Long story short, I'm looking for a compromise where I get a small carry around camera with decent abilities, hence my question.</p>

<p><strong>Louis</strong>, very nice shots with your new a6000! "Buck in the Snowy Thicket" is beautiful. I'm glad to hear how enthusiastic you are about the camera. I think it's an awesome amount of photographic capability packed into such a compact package. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with it.</p>

<p>Thank You, Gene and Andy. The NEX 6 was my primary street camera even though I almost lost the lens hood <a href="/casual-conversations-forum/00cXtN">HERE</a>.<br>

I post those pics mostly on the Street/Doc forum but being new and all I'll want to try the a6000 on various stuff. I've got an old Micro-Nikkor P 55mm f/3.5 I haven't used with digital yet so I may play with that soon. I see good photo fun ahead!</p>