<p>Recently, I really feel that my pics don't my own color style at all but normal color. I usually use Lightroom mostly and never edit them from photoshop unless i have to edit with photoshop if I need better editing tools and etc. Well, using lightroom does not provide any color editing at all. When I look at other photographer's pics, they have their own color tones and styles like a film colors.</p>

<p>http://petapixel.com/2015/06/29/review-the-pentax-645z-is-a-wedding-photographers-medium-format-dream/</p>

<p>I'm using either canon 5d mark 3 or Nikon D750(I don't like the color tones and etc) but I was using Pentax camera from the beginning. Anyway, I was trying to figure out how they did but I couldn't. </p>

<p>How photographers make their own color tones and styles? Do they make their own costume presets? or just using lightroom or photoshop?</p>

<p>What you are seeing in those sample images or any images you detect a custom color look is referred to as color design which evokes a pleasing look. The color of the subject and surrounding scene does most of the heavy lifting, but it takes a sense of color design/harmonies to bring out the colors YOU want.</p>

<p>Do you know what colors you want? If you don't you're going to have a hard time coming up with a color style palette in front of the camera and in post. The colors in those landscapes taken with the medium format Pentax in that link are primarily subject driven especially golden yellows against cobalt and teal blues in the sky.</p>

<p>I can get sky shots like that because full spectrum lighting of that nature has a ton of color information shooting Raw. And I found this out by shooting sunsets of clouds. But I had to tinker around in editing adjusting white balance and cranking up saturation and applying different shaped curves that distort and at the same time bring out colors that I didn't see when I took the shot. See below the before and after of the Raw image.</p>

<p>I made a decision, a choice in the final results that got me to the finished look because I responded to the colors I was seeing with minimal processing. I could've left it bluish but I didn't. I went overly warm and by accident I got those colors. Those colors were not in the original scene. </p>

<div>00dexO-559979784.jpg.f58541cfeb7fcbc9d20a325b40d8d3e0.jpg</div>

<p>I have no idea how those photographers work nor do I know what presets they use.</p>

<p>The samples I posted were acquired by accident, by me searching. It's difficult to reverse engineer an accident where the cause and motivation is unknown and that may be how those photographers found the look you see. No one knows unless you ask the photographers yourself.</p>

<p>There are numerous color presets online but that's like putting the same makeup combination on Britney Spears and expecting it to look just as good on Beyonce.</p>

<p>The makeup kit is the preset and those performers are the scenes to be photographed. Each will add to the color palette of the one size fits all preset which might not look so good. You'ld still have to know how to adjust the presets to make it look right and if you're not familiar with how the color harmony combinations inherent within the subject will blend cohesively with the changes in color provided by the preset and how it will add or take away, you'll be lost on how to fix it.</p>

<p>For example if you shoot in a controlled environment of a studio and a particular preset makes one in the series look great, then the rest of the shots taken will look just as great. Shoot a series of landscapes some of trees lit at noon, some of flowers in shade, some of houses painted in various pastels in overcast and several others spread across the day from dawn to dusk, that one preset isn't going to look good for all. Then what do you do since you don't know what the original scene the preset was based on.</p>

<p>I'ld suggest you experiment shooting scenes you like to shoot and figure out what color harmonies to add or bring out working in your Raw converter, getting to know what each slider, adjustment brush and curve will do to the original colors in the file. That's considered a custom and original color style and not a copied style.</p>

<p>Here's an app you might be interested in to show what can be done with just simple and basic RGB, CMY, Luminance & Contrast adjustments to jpegs using the iPad...</p>

<p>http://www.crumplepop.com/here-it-is-dale-grahn-color-for-ipad/<br>

http://www.dalegrahncolor.com/</p>

<p>See if it produces the color combinations that you'ld like applied to your images. It's the simplest photo color designer I've ever come across. Note the demo images used are already close to looking finished.</p>

• 10 months later...