Mirrorless Monday_September 21st, 2015

Sanford

<p>Richard, I'm sorry but I've seen better ideas for buildings from primary school children. At least they're fun and honest if not practical.</p>

<p>Louis, love that shot of the fly.</p>

<p>David, love your stuff as always. May I be so bold as to suggest you go easy on that toning. To my eyes it looks as if the toning is trying very hard to look like film, but it just doesn't do it for me.</p>

<p>This was out in the country not too long ago:</p><div>00dV5b-558531284.jpg.89fd0a3a0b4f3ef3684f9b9f4521e456.jpg</div>

<p>One of the first four photos taken with a lens which arrived today. The Takumar (Bayonet) 135mm f/2.5 is not well regarded, but I discovered this only when it was on its way to me. Still, it did not cost so much and should see use if I am careful about flare and use it when I want low contrast.</p><div>00dV8T-558538384.jpg.71ec2336231bf1567ff7085b7a17708a.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks David and Karim.</p>

<p>Mukul: Lovely portrait of the boy. I have that lens and found it to be pretty good on the A7 and agree with the reviews <a href="http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Super-Multi-Coated-TAKUMAR-Super-Takumar-135mm-F2.5.html">Here</a>. I didn't use it much because it's fairly large and heavy and prefer the lighter/ more compact Canon FDn 135mm f/2.8. The Pentax is super well made however. Maybe as you work with more it may find a home in your bag. Wide open it is a bit low contrast which works nicely for some things but stop it down a bit and it snaps up decently. </p>