Yashica Lynx 14E

dreamspy1

<p>Hi there.<br>

I have a Yashica Lynx 14E camera that is in a pretty good shape. But there is one problem. The shutter doesn't seem to move when I take a picture. I can see it jitter a bit when I look through the lens, but it doesn't open.<br>

Anyone know what might be the problem? I might even be interested in selling it for parts if this is a big operation to fix.<br>

regards<br>

Frímann</p>

I have asked similar questions many times and got the same advice each time and it always worked so I learned not to ask. A good CLA

seems to be called for. The fact that the shutter shows some motion means that at least something is happening. Spray some CRC or

naphtha where you can and exercise It a bit. If it works you may get away with anything further. In my cases the affect was short lived

but I at least new that I needed a CLA.

<p>AS suggested a little naphta ( very little) on a Q-tip and smear gently the shutter blades. IF this doesn't work, take it to a camera repair fellow and pay for a CLA. AS Tony mentioned, this is a nice model and may be worth it. I recall reading I think here .. .. on this model one lamented they never saw a working version, That there was always something wrong and ..optically often the lens filter ring was damaged too. This is one monster piece of glass and like a bull in china sho, it takes it's bangs. Also the aluminum is not especially hard either. So as you can guess... I too possess this model and I'm pleased to report my shutter fires at all speeds, but the meter doesn't work and the RF is way out of adjustment. Ohh and the lens was dinged when I got it and now it has a less pronounced but wider bend when the bottom of the ever-ready case separated while walking across a parking lot... it wasn't cement it was just regular hard ground. IF you're not part of the solution..... I would like to use this for concerts and shows but I need the RF. My results guessing were just not good enough! </p><div>00dek5-559950584.jpg.25c44274f0a1cbbe44154be7c6c5d2ab.jpg</div>