Elements+ vs SmartCurve

<p>Has anyone tried both of these add-ons to Photoshop Elements and what are the differences, benefits and drawbacks in comparison with each other? I recently paid a small amount for Elements+ and now someone has suggested the free SmartCurve. Since I am elderly I don't want all the trauma of trying and learning SmartCurve unless it is of benefit.<br>

<br />Thanks in anticipation !</p>

<p>The Smartcurve plugin hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't work on the newer 64 bit versions of Elements. One of the advantages of Smartcurve is it allows you to work in L*A*B color mode which is nice if you use the Margulis techniques.<br>

The Curve tool in Elements+ works just like it does in full Photoshop (minus some options, I believe).</p>

<p>Al</p>

<p><strong>Thanks Al, that's very helpful !</strong><br>

<br />Your comment is noted Howard, though I am fully engaged in keeping my brain limber. What with taking on board luminosity, trying to understand layers even more fully than I do, using Elements+ and ACR and understanding my camera and lenses more, I give it lots of exercise. Plus I read every day a broad range of newspapers from the NZ Herald, New York Times and The Telegraph, amongst others. 24 hours a day isn't enough !</p>

<p>More curves, more pixels, higher ISO, etc. We all chase these technological advances and features thinking they will improve our photography. If i only had ...._______ fill in the blank. Since you are elderly (like me) it's not the trauma. It's that we don't have that much time. :)</p>