Mamiya 24/f4 fisheye variants?

janm

<p>Does anyone know which variants exist of this lens? There seems to be at least two different filter options. <br>

Mine has UV, SL-1B, LB-A, LB-B. The other one has has yellow and orange filters for B&W photography. Were these manufactured at different times or concurrently for color and B&W? Are there other differences?</p>

<p>I have only encountered two versions - yours with the filter set you listed, and mine with an amber warm-up "LB-A(81C)", clear "SL-1B", yellow "Y48(Y2)", and orange "056(O2)", in that order. I leave mine on SL-1B virtually all the time.</p>

<p>So two filters are different between these lens variants: UV & LB-B, vs. Y2 and O2. I would think that the UV and SL-1B filters are very similar? Is the LB-B a cool-down filter, like an 82C?</p>

<p>I don't know about manufacturing dates but the serial numbers might be a clue, assuming they change sequentially with date: mine starts with 105xx.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info Ray!<br>

Yes, UV and SL-1B are very similar, the skylight filter has a very slight warming effect. LB-B is indeed a cooling filter like the 82-series.<br>

The serial of my lens starts with 121XX.</p>