<p>Nice one, Sanford. I have been using Perfect Effects for some years now, and just upgraded to version 10. You should be able to use it as a stand alone or as a plug in. When you download it the option to use it as a plugin will be there. Definitely check out the tutes on the website. Effects is just one module of Photo 10, and the best thing is that each effect is fully editable, with masking options, and layers like PS.</p>

<p>If you are not sure, have a look on the On1 site and check it out before downloading. As Rich suggested it could be the trail version, but it is most likely the 'free' version, which is not time limited, it just doesn't have all the presets that the paid version does.</p>

<p>Totally worth it. I have found a few effects I like. The degree of control is decent both in the program and later a layer in PSCS. My version works OK with 16 bit images. It's fun to play with.<br /> Here is one of their B&W conversions, with a touch of grunge dialed in, to accentuate the old weathered look yet keep the whimsy/contrast of my father eating ice cream like a kid.</p><div>00dcKF-559573784.jpg.261c212ab74565648f656225e801054b.jpg</div>