Serial numbers of long Canon R-lenses

ernst_thiel1

<p>Gentlemen,<br>

Inspired by Peter Kitchingman I collect serial numbers of Canon photographic parts. (Lens, body) I know there is eBay and I frequently spent some hours there to search and collect numbers, but it is impossible to get them all. So sometimes I make a request here and hope for some respons. Sometimes overwhelming sometimes scarce. Mike Otto (owner of Pacific Rim Cameras) started a Canon Historical Group at Facebook and it is fun. Please have a look if you like Canon.<br>

But for me it is time to discover the mysteries of the Canon R-lens. It was the first serie of Canon SLR lenses and it must be possible with your help to find out about what and "how many" lenses were made. Since we don't have a Canon R or FL forum, I choose to post my request here.<br>

Canon Camera Museum is helpful with pictures, but numbers are not done. <br>

So please make me happy and let me know what you know which numbers you know of and if possible a picture of it. If you like I will share my numbers with you in return.</p>

<p>I am looking forward to hear from you.<br>

Ernst</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Here are some more serial numbers for Canonflex R bodies and lens that I own or have owned.<br>

Bodies<br>

Canonflex R S/N 14753, S/N 18405, S/N 21259, S/N 23697, S/N 23825 <br>

Canonflex R 2000 S/N 55783<br>

Canonflex RP S/N 100264, S/N 102819<br>

Canonflex RM S/N 108964<br>

R type Lenses<br>

50mm f1.8 S/N 17217, S/N 21732, S/N23374, S/N 26999, S/N 85514<br>

135MM F2.5 S/N 11203</p>