Hasselblad 500cm really difficult jam

mark jk

<p>Hi everybody,</p>

<p>I have not used this particular Hasselblad for nearly a year. Today I open it and discover the lens/body already jammed. I have fixed normal jam many times before. But this one seems a bit different and what I usually do doesn't work. <br>

- Normally when its jammed, the secondary shutter (at the back) would be close and I have to push them apart to get a screwdriver in there. And as I turn the screwdriver, the leaf shutter would start to part, and then I would be able to cock the lens, and fire the camera again and everything would be fine.<br>

- This time, the secondary shutter already fully open. The shaft is pointing at about 1 oclock. As I turn the screwdriver, the leaf shutter doesnt move, I can move the shaft to about 10 oclock, then it would stop there. As I fire the camera again, the shaft would turn back to previous 1 oclock position, nothing else move.<br>

I really dont know what to do this time. Please give some advice. If you need any more information/images please do tell me.</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>There is not enough information to diagnose the fault but my guess is that there is a broken part in the body but as I am sure you realise the symptom is just a clue to the problem and a fault with the lens is a possibility. To unjam the camera you will probably have to detach the drive from the lens.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
<p>One piece of advice to make sure it never recurs is to make sure there is a back on camera and dark slide in it and to be careful when changing backs to not be near the shutter release with other hand, I had this happen and your directions are very good. Also keep camera shutter uncharged when not in use this also keeps tension off internal springs of synchro compure shutter.</p>