PSE 11 post editing problem prompt

<p>I have been getting a symbol appearing in the organizer where my edited photo ( with or without a version set) should be. It is a white photo symbol on grey background with a rip across it and a bent corner. I haven't seen this before in my years of editing and wonder what it represents and how to fix it. I can't see my edited photo, only this icon. Adobe forum hasn't responded with an answer yet and I have a big batch of photos to work on. Thanks Skip</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply. Double clicking on image didn't help when I tried editing in guided or expert. I couldn't get rid of the "ripped and bent" icon when I tried editing the JPEG or the RAW image. I seemed to have trouble only with the first two or three images in the file, so perhaps they were , indeed, unlinked or corrupted. I'll see how more editing of other images off the card go tomorrow morning. Skip</p>

<blockquote>

<p>..editing of other images off the card..</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Just to be sure - you do copy the images from the card to your hard disk before editing them, right? Else indeed the link will be broken each time you remove the card. In short, never work directly on the images on the memory card -make a copy to the hard disk first, then a backup of the original unedited file, and only then start editing.<br>

Also, when saving the edited file, it's better to save it as a copy (which you can then have added automatically to the organiser in a version set with the original). I'd always avoid overwriting the original file.</p>

<p>Hi Wouter,<br>

Thank you for responding. My loaded memory card reader, which has not been removed from the card reader, automatically loads as I understand into the hard drive and the PSE 11 organizer. I can see the images in both places. When I edit with PSE 11 I save the edited photo as a JPEG version set. So, in the organizer after editing, I am supposed to see the original JPEG and the original RAW images along with the edited image. But what is happening is this ripped and bent photo icon shows up where the edited JPEG version set copy is supposed to be in the organizer. One can still see the original JPEG and RAW images in the organizer and, indeed, one see the edited image when I view it directly by going to my hard drive ! Is it something to do with the transfer from the editor to the organizer within PSE 11? I haven't had this happen before. I don't want to import every edited image back into the organizer from my hard drive, as that takes time and PSE 11 is supposed to load the edited image back into the organizer anyway each time I finish my work in the editor. Am I missing anything and am I backing up appropriately based on what I'm telling you? Thanks Skip</p>

<p>Your sequence of events make sense, and it's generally how it should work indeed. I think you should check the import-dialog to make sure the files are being copied over, and where to, though - maybe it's not the JPEG missing in the version set, but the raw file. Just a thought, it's been a while since I used the PS Elements organizer, and it was quite a few versions ago, so I'm not 100% sure, but it's worth checking all the same.</p>