Release Shutter suddenly has no tension

mary_moon

<p>I'm using a Rolleiflex k4a that was winding and releasing fine. I'm still getting to know this camera but with no prompting, no damage etc, the release shutter has no tension. I can push it in and pull it up but it does nothing, there's no click, the shutter doesn't respond, nothing. I can no longer wind the crank to create tension, the crank is also stuck in place. I was in the process of loading a new roll when this happened, so there is no film in the camera.<br>

I've been searching online for a possible solution but can't seem to search the right keywords, most results are about release shutter buttons that are stuck, i.e cant be pushed in, which is the opposite of the issue. So I was hoping someone had the solution that I cant properly find through online research<br>

Could I have put on a setting that I can't find my way out of? Is there a clever way to get the wind going again once it is stuck in place?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Sounds like the shutter is jammed. Not unusual for a synchro-compur shutter that is in need of servicing (AKA CLA). Whatever you do... don't force it and don't start fiddling with the self-timer. It is possible that all it needs is to be serviced, but fiddling with it could render the shutter unrepairable.</p>