Stuck release button, winder not winding

florian_ross

<p>Hey there,<br>

I am new user from Germany! I'm hoping this forum can help me get one of my Mamiya 645 1000s running again.<br>

Bought it on ebay (including fresh battery) and exposed about 5 rolls of film - love this camera! Now I ordered a set of new light seals and put them in since I had a little leakage at the film door.<br>

However after releasing the shutter once (no filmholder present) the shutter button doesn't come back up again. This happened once before when I accidentally started the self timer (which I shouldn't do anymore - I don't think it works properly).<br>

Does anyone have some ideas of what I could do to get my shutter button back up and working? Here are some details:</p>

<ul>

<li>batteries full</li>

<li>curtain shut</li>

<li>shutter button is 'locked' (in the down position, I think)</li>

<li>self timer reluctantly runs back (which a little manual help)</li>

<li>it's possible to turn the winder endlessly, no resistance there. It doesn't seem to tension any spring</li>

</ul>

<p>Hope to get some help here. If I take this to a camera shop repair will cost way more than the camera itself.</p>

<p>Thanks a bunch!</p>

<p>P.S.: Excuse my quirky English - I'm not used to using English photography terms</p>

<p>Ha, these are the best forums... the ones you don't need.<br /><br />I found the solution myself:<br>

Somehow, when I had the metered prism attached, I had the double circle selected (at the shutter speeds). Then when I took the prism off, somehow the electronics go confused and wouldn't react.<br>

So, I simply put the prism back on, push the battery button, changed the shutter speeds a couple of times and everything returned to normal!<br>

Man, am I glad that this thing works again!<br>

Thanks, forum!!</p>

<p>Glad you solved the problem yourself, Florian.</p>

<p>Just FWIW, you are supposed to set the body's shutter speed dial to the "double circle" only when using the PD or AE prism. That's how the body hands over shutter control and battery power to the prism.<br>

If the prism is not on the camera, the body speed is on the double circle, and the shutter is tripped, it depletes the battery quickly! Should that happen, press the battery check button to close the shutter.</p>