Need advice on improvised viewfinder magnification for macro photography.

quidrilas_kelly

<p>I have a Bronica ETRS with a non metered AE-1 prism. To my knowledge, after market magnification accessories do not exist for this prism finder.<br>

Knowing that proper focusing points be literally 2mm or even fractions of a mm, I want all the help I can get. I don't want to waiste expensive slide film, I want to keep waste at a minimal.<br>

Do you guys know of some clever, improvised method for greater viewfinder magnification? I thought about using a magnifing glass, but it I'm not sure how it will turn out.<br>

Would like to hear your ideas.</p>

<p>If for nothing else, that is what the waist-level finder is for. As Jean-Yves says, any decent magnifier can also help.<br /> Of course, this supposes a copy-stand or good tripod too.</p>

<p>On cameras with non-interchangeable prisms, there are right-angle magnifiers that screw into or attach to the eyepiece. Some even have erecting prisms so the image is right to right...</p>

<p> </p><div>00csbA-551697984.jpg.1d240099701bd01439535bb45f17e4c5.jpg</div>

<p>There's no need to improvise. Bronica makes a magnifying diopter. One on a popular site for $19.50 <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bronica-ZENZANON-E-C-U-L-1-CLOSE-UP-LENS-E-75mm-Lens-Filter-Magnifier-/191343283543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c8cf2cd57">here</a> . You could try stronger power diopters maybe. Also, the WLF is a great idea, and they're not expensive. Bronica also makes stronger magnifying diopter lenses for the WLF too. So many options!</p>