Magazine can't open Fuji RAF files

eyal_hirsh

<p>Ugh, it's my first shoot for this magazine. I sent them a mix of NEF and RAF files. The former they don't have a problem with but it's no go with the Fuji format files. <br /><br />I have requested an alternative format and they said, "Oh, convert them to NEF" but I do not think that is possible.<br /> Now it's after 5pm in South Africa and they have not got back to me and I'm wondering what to do. <br /><br />I've considered converting them to DNG but I'm not sure that would be suitable. I can view and edit them in Lightroom, DXO, CaptureOne and even Picasa so...<br /><br />Any suggestions? I want to get the job done and uploaded to dropbox overnight to save time.<br /><br />TIA<br /><br />- Eyal</p>

<p>I had a similar problem with Sony AWR files. I had to search online for the updated DNG converter. Fortunately, Adobe also had a 5.7.1 update for Lightroom, available only on line.</p>

<p>DNG files are just as good as the original raw files and nearly universal in acceptance, except they may not have all of the processing defaults added by the camera. Unless the publisher specifically asks for a RAW file, 16 bit TIFF files are nearly as good, and preserve any changes you make to the color balance, dust removal, etc. TIFF files are marginally better than JPEG if the publisher wishes to make adjustments or convert to CMYK.</p>