What am I looking at here?

<p>Sorry, I feel like this answer must be obvious but I'm not sure what it is. I'm scanning color negative 120 with Epson V600 using the Epson Scan software that came with the scanner. I've done this before and scans came out fine, but I haven't done this for a long time, and today the scans are all coming up blue and washed out. I must have changed some setting somewhere but I can't find what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. </p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/photo/17975633</p>

<p>Are you sure you had the film holder oriented correctly on the scanner with its calibration gap toward the back/hinge end of the scanner? Did you make sure nothing was covering (above or below) the calibration gap at the top of the holder (e.g. extra film flowing over)? I am guessing you already had the white insert pulled out of the lid of the scanner.<br>

Doug</p>

<p>Thanks, Howard and Doug. I don't have anything like "transparency" selected, and there's nothing blocking the calibration gap. I found a solution in that if I tick the "Color Restoration" box, then I get appropriate-looking scans. I don't remember having had to tick that box in the past, but like I said, it's been some time since I used this scanner. Anyway, still kind of mysterious, but the problem is solved. Thanks again.</p>

<p>I have once used Epson flatbed scanner and remember Epson's Color Restoration feature to be powerfull tool, that saves multiple workphases at image editing, if originals are not in their original state.</p>