Canon 60D Self Timer Question

steve_leblanc

<p>I have a Canon 60D and haven't been able to find an answer to this question.<br>

I would like to set the self timer from 10 seconds, to 15 or 20. I'm old, and take a lot of group photos that I'm in. 10 seconds doesn't give a old dude like me much time to get around in front of the camera and get myself integrated into a group shot.<br>

Am I the only one that thinks 10 seconds is pretty stingy on the delay?<br>

Is there a way to adjust this I haven't found yet?<br>

Thanks for any advice.<br>

Steve L<br>

Ashby Ma.</p>

<p>There is no way to set the self timer to longer than 10 seconds. Yes, it was awfully stingy of Canon not to offer longer delays, and yes, it would seem to be simple offer a FW update that allowed the default 'timer' setting to be changed to longer periods (perhaps via a Custom function setting?). Obviously there isn't a lot of demand for that (else they would have likely done so already), but I'm sure that doesn't ease your mind!</p>

<p>Puppy's solution is the simplest and most elegant currently available, although the RC-6 can be somewhat finnicky at group shot distances (sometimes you have to aim it carefully - or 'spray and pray' - kind of like a TV remote with low batteries ;) ), and can also be hit or miss in backlit (especially outdoors) lighting - because sometimes the camera can't resolve the IR signal above ambient. Regardless, that would be my first and best hope for a simple solution. </p>