Minolta XD7/XD11 Problem

dave_a4

<p>Dear Photographers!</p>

<p>Almost a week ago i bought a Minolta XD7 camera in very-very good condition. I am very pleased and happy, I've cleaned and polished it and it looks like a candy :)<br>

But it has a little problem. The film speed dial is not very tight. I was trying to take it off to attach it again more tightly, but i've made it more untight...<br>

I've taken out the film winding spool but I dont know how to take out the film speed dial.<br>

Does anybody know how to manage to do that?<br>

999999 thanks in adavance!<br>

Dave</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"I've taken out the film winding spool" <em><strong>Dave A.</strong></em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'm guessing/hoping you mean the "rewind knob"?<br /> Either the assembly is too loose (not enough down pressure) or something is missing, or the "pin" or "tab" on the ASA/Compensation mechanism is broken/bent...</p><div>00cxyi-552659584.JPG.f42c678f1d4331a41d29280fe7f08029.JPG</div>

<p>Excuse my insolence, but if it is not so hard for you, could you please make a little video demo of taking that out?<br>

How hard I try, I can't go further. I can't understand if it's stuck or maybe I do something wrong :(</p><div>00cy0n-552665884.thumb.jpg.0fb794f89f205bee8ed88fd7292fd098.jpg</div>

<p>To quote Larry David from his TV show, "<em>Curb Your Enthusiasm</em>": <strong>"This has disaster written all over it"...</strong></p>

<p>"make a little video demo"<br />You're kidding, that's like making the video: "Opening a jar of Peanut Butter"...<br /> <br /> Plus, in dropping the rewind "shaft" into the film chamber, you also created another issue:<br /> "How do I open the back door?"</p>

<p>"little screwdrivers" <strong>???</strong><br /> <em>You can't use a rock to put up drywall; get the proper hammer !</em></p>