Wireless transfer images from nikon d800 to pc

ivan_vilches

Guys i am looking for a solution for transfer wiressly my images

while i am shooting to my PC (not tablets), i saw very old posts

using cables unlimited or

Camranger and a few others expensives too.

With the tech of day are a lot of pocket routers and cool new

things, but anyway i am not expert my question are 2.

1- this device can be work on my nikon d800 ? i shoot on raw

and jpg. Dlink dr 505 n150

http://m.pcfactory.cl/producto/11593-

Router.Compacto.WiFi.N150.DIR-505

2- Exist other device better thanthis for the money suposing it

work.

Note: software i have all nikon camera control pro,

controlmynikon and others ..... so software is not problem just i

need the device.

Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english cheers from

chile.

Pd: please dont post devices like camranger , eyefi....

<p>thanks adriano for the reply as i said above software is not the problem, my questions are marked 1 and 2 , in that example in the post the guy is using <a href="http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-MR3040-Wireless-Portable-Compatible/dp/B0088PPFP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403338412&sr=8-1&keywords=TP-Link+MR3040" rel="nofollow">TP-Link MR3040</a> is the same cameranger device, i am looking for new tech maybe a pocket n300 or i need to know if the dlink dir 505 can work, is cheap 4000mah .<br>

thanks anyway<br>

</p>

<p>I don't think so. The problem is not the router, is software, protocol PTP-IP on Windows, if I'm not wrong, native on Android systems, missing on Windows.<br /> I don't know which wireless device you're using with your D800 but I tried the WU-1A with my D7100 (transfer and tethering) with no success, for me WU-1A is just a toy to use with smart phones. I didn't try the digiCamControl wireless option, I use it sometimes with cable.<br /> Actually, if is just to transfers files to a PC it is much easier and faster just grab the memory and copy the files. I use View NX2, really fast, and I have full control of transfer parameters, can even make a backup. Also, the D800 files are big (I mean RAW) just copy from the memory is for sure much faster than wireless transfer.<br /> <br />EDIT: If you check, the special router for digiCamControl needs a 3rd part special firmware from DslrDashboard to "talk" with Nikon.</p>

<p>Ivan: Out of interest, why <i>not</i> eye-fi? I know it doesn't allow live view or the equivalent of tethering, but it <i>does</i> transfer images, which seems to be what you're after. You could also think about using a wireless base station and connecting it to the camera over ethernet. Just a thought.</p>

<p>You can use your camranger and lightroom to do this. Shoot on RAW+JPG(small). The JPGs will be transferred over to the PC and you can set Lightroom to look in the folder that you have the camranger program dropping the photos. Then program LR to watch and continuously import pictures from that folder.<br>

Then you can download the RAW later. The D800 files are too big, so the camranger can't do the full JPG let alone the RAW files. Hopefully you shoot 14-bit lossless compressed. The files are just too big. I've used this method with great success.<br>

The eye-fi card isn't that great but YMMV.</p>

<p>Ivan, your link to the device in question doesn't work. Is this the thing? English page: http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/home-solutions/connect/portable-routers/dir-505-shareport-mobile-companion<br>

If so, it's not a truly portable Wi-Fi router as far as I can see. It's simply a mains connected Wi-Fi extender, has no internal battery and needs to be plugged in to a wall socket.</p>

<p>As a similar but cheaper alternative: Some wireless ADSL routers (given "free" by ISPs) already have a USB input for things like hard drives, printers and media centres, and can be picked up used for very little money. On some models the USB connectivity has been crippled by OEM firmware (BT are you listening?), but if you do your research you can find common models that have a fully-functional USB connection. Many Thomson models have such a USB input. </p>

<p>However, using a USB router connection seems to me like a long-winded way to download your pictures. Since Wi-Fi has a limited range anyway, then why not just take your laptop to where the camera is and work tethered? Or do you still use a non-portable desktop monster?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks guys , i bought the dlin dir 505 and does not work i will use for other thing it, anyway i found a very cheap method i tested yesterday, i have a otg cable for my phone it cost around 4 dollars or less , i installed dslr dashboard on my android device , and a software for sync transfer the files of my phone to my pc , works very fast with jpg, so in the ycn app i pointed the folder where dslrdashboard store the images, Very cheap solution !!!! so i shoot my camera i put the phone on my pocket and the images beging to appear on my big monitor :).<br>

Dslrdasboard: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dslr.dashboard&hl=es_419<br>

SyncMe : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bv.wifisync&hl=es_419<br>

both free :).<br>

Thanks for all</p>

• 2 months later...
<p>If you have an iPhone you can control your camera from your phone and after the photo is taken, transfer it from your iPhone to your iCloud, then share with friends, businesses or everyone. I do that with my WU-1a WiFi adapter on my D7100 Nikon.</p>