Hasselblad H1 Viewfinder Flash

mel_l

<p>Hey everyone,<br>

I just purchased my first medium format camera. It's a Hasselblad H1 and was purchased used on eBay.<br>

I don't have a lens or back for it yet, so I'm not sure if that's what the problem is, but I can't get the internal flash on the viewfinder to fire. I've tried everything I can think of but it still wont go off. I can't find a manual for this camera either so that's of no help.<br>

The viewfinder has a couple nicks on it as well as a tear in the rubber. It also doesn't tell me in the settings how many actuations the viewfinder has, but in the version section it shows 6.6.0.<br>

Does anyone know if it's not firing because I don't have a lens or back on? Any ideas that I could try?<br>

Thanks!</p>

The flash is triggered from the lens so you will need to get one of those. The count for the flash is readable from the grip

display and shows the activations of the built in flash, the count could be very low, even zero as not many Hasselblad

users actually use the built in flash. The eyecup is user replaceable, it is retained by two screws under the rubber. All the

Hasselblad users manuals going back to the very earliest models from the 1940s are downloadable from their website,

can anyone name any other manufacturer that does that?