a ILEX No. 5 SYNCHRO ELECTRONIC SHUTTER and a manual ILEX NO 5 shutter

jeff_liao1

hey is there a different between these two shutter.

i had this chance to buy ILEX No. 5 SYNCHRO ELECTRONIC SHUTTER but

seller said there is only one switch which control open and close on

shutter.

Does anyone knwo where to find a ILEX No 5 shutter?<div>[ATTACH=full]2058[/ATTACH]</div>

The manual shutter works by the power from your muscles via the cable release. The electronic shutter uses a solenoid powered from a electrical power supply / controller. Frequently the electronic shutters are sold without the power supply, which means that to use the shutter you will have to locate a power supply or design and build one. Additionally, the electronic shutter will be difficult to use in the field because of the bulkiness of the power supply and perhaps the need for 110 V AC. Basically, electronic shutters without a power supply are a bad deal even at a low price.

Jeff, try S.K. Grimes, there is a third Ilex #5 type, that I know of: the Universal(aren't they all?) I guess you'd call it a Universal Universal? It dosen't have an iris for f-stops like the manual and electric Universals, but is(I assume) made for front mounting barrel lenses which would have thier own f/stops. Check out S.K. Grimes website for a nice article on Ilex shutters.-------Cheers!