W/NW - Pic-o'-the Week 48

Uhooru

<p>Sorry I'm late, Barry. After spending an entire day feeling thankful for what I had, I awoke the next day with a panicked desperation for stuff I don't need. I camped, waited in lines, elbowed delicate women, and trampled children. It was worth it. For all of my efforts I received a marginal discount on a second-tier television I didn't know I wanted a week ago. Now that I am back from Wally World I will share some Thanksgiving photos from a time before my consumer madness.<br>

<br />From a family reunion over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was twilight and the toddler was in deep shadow but I went for it. I think it has a dreamlike quality.<br>

<br /><em>Leica M6 'Wetzlar' / 50mm Summicron ver. IV / Portra 160 / EI 400 / No Push</em></p><div>00cz5V-552880784.jpg.611d839464040616fc823e5820bf4b6d.jpg</div>

<p>Every Thanksgiving is hosted by our dear friends from Russia. We used to be neighbors and grew very close, like family. Our yards were closed in together like a private park. Food, beer, and kids flowed freely from house to house. This year we celebrated their U.S. citizenship. I loved how Olga used this log cabin toy as a napkin holder on the table.</p>

<p><em>Leica M6 'Wetzlar' / 50mm Summicron ver. IV / Portra 160 / EI 400 / No Push</em></p>

<p> </p><div>00cz5g-552881584.jpg.f2d2485f46f1e4e63c059fd28818d13c.jpg</div>

<p>Thank you, Barry. I think you are spot on about that first pic. I never had the words to express it though. I guess it's the hat that resembles a colonial bonnet? It's not a well exposed or focused shot but I like it since it accurately captures the feeling I have of the toddler: self possessed, dreamy in a magical world.</p>

<p>I was teasing about the Black Friday phenomenon. I was at a ranch for a family reunion without internet access, deep in the heart of Texas. The fish weren't biting but the kids had fun riding horses and keeping the camp fire alive. </p>