HP 8750 getting the rear feed slot to work.

<p>I have an old HP 8750 printer I use for the few pictures I print. The real reason I have it is for 11x17 schematics I need to print. The rear feed slot has ALWAYS been a pain. Some times it works and sometimes I can spend a day trying to get one fr.... printed.<br>

When the rear feed slot is selected it suppose to do about a half second of set up, stop and post a message on the printers display to feed a page in the rear slot and then press a button. When it isn't going to work it completely ignores that it has a rear feed slot and tries to grab a page from the front. If it cant find one it throws an out of paper message and stops. Many fruitless exercises of power cycles for printer, computer and/or both make no sense. Come back a week later turn every thing on and it prints first try. Errrrrrrrrrrr!<br>

Any suggestions? Tks.</p>

<p>Just to commiserate:</p>

<p>I have a HP PhotoSchmart Pro B9180 "brick", sitting on a table behind me. Unplugged it in disgust about 6 months back. If I try to run it it makes painful mechanical sounds, "cycles" endlessly, returns error messages.</p>

<p>In the past, even when it was running, it was forever losing touch with my computer, would require day-long efforts to reacquaint it. Now it's not merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead, lol.</p>

<p> Not impressed with HP.</p>