Mamiya 645 AE Prism Repair

Aoresteen

<p>I've fixed quite a few CDS meters and generally, if they go from +/- 1/3 stop accuracy to 1-2 off, it's not a matter of calibration. More like the CDS cell or other components have gone bad, necessitating repair. If it slowly drifted out, then it's still more likely in need of repair than calibration. They sell for $50-$75 online in good working order, it might be easier to just buy another. It's hard to imagine that even Mamiya has replacement CDS cells, since the camera is likely 30+ years old. An independent repair person might be able to fix and calibrate it if you find someone to do it, but in the meantime another prism can be bought to give you time to look.</p>

<p>I have a PD-S finder which works nicely. The silicon meter cells seem to have aged better than the CdS ones. All of the finders for this series can come "unglued" inside but I understand that they can be serviced and at some point I will get this done for one of my plain prism finders. I have never seen the same kind of interior separation in any of the Bronica ETR/SQ/GS-1 prism finders. My only metered prism finder I have for a Bronica SLR is the AE finder for the GS-1. It works well. From what I remember, it also has a silicon cell. </p>