Tethered shooting, saving both to in camera cards & Laptop?

2d

<p>Recently updated to Eos Utility 3 on a Mac 10.9.4 tethering the laptop to either a 5d or 6d with a USB cord. I can' find where in EOS Utility I can set it to record the file both to the laptop as well as in-camera cards(CF or SD)? There is not the normal check box under Remote Shooting in the preferences .</p>

<p>Second question, I've been using EOS Utility linked with DPP for tethered shooting for many years but really seem lost with these new updated versions are there any updated online video tutorials that someone can point me towards? (Eos Utility 3, DPP 4)</p>

<p>thanks, jeff</p>

--------------

My Architectual Photography:

Architectural-Cinematographer.com

<p> 1) Turn on computer.<br>

2) Turn on camera.<br>

3) Connect camera and computer with USB cable.<br>

4) Open EU3.<br>

5) Wait for computer to recognize camera.<br>

6) In EU3 main window click on middle option, remote shooting.<br>

7) Camera control window will open.<br>

8) Observe large grey window. It allows you to change most camera functions (except shooting mode, which is set with a hard control/dial on the camera.) Below the ISO value box is a box showing a computer icon, a camera icon, or both.<br>

9) Click on this box. The image saving location window will open. Click on middle option, click on OK.<br>

10) Your objective should have been achieved!<br>

11) Remember, in this window you can also change white balance, drive mode, metering mode, ISO setting, mirror lockup mode, image quality setting, image saving location(s), and exposure compensation. Just click on the relevant icon and it will show the various options available.<br>

12) Below this window you can change other parameters in the shooting menu as well the flash control and set-up menus. You can also access the intervalometer function which the camera (at least the 5D Mk III) can not do on its own.<br>

13) You seemingly have EU2. The EU3 interface looks remarkably similar. Reading the EU2 software instructions should get you a long way. Unfortunately I see no instructions on the Canon USA website for DPP4 or EU3. As said before EU3, seems quite similar to EU2. DPP4, however, has an interface that looks more like Lightroom 5 than DPP3. Until the the software instructions come out you are very much on your own. Good luck.</p>

<p>Chris</p>

<p>Hi Chris, I know this reply is very late, but I still want to thank you for answering my question. I was so used to the turning it on under remote shooting I couldn't believe they removed it. I knew I had to be missing the obvious and thankfully you helped out. I truly appreciate it.</p>

<p>thanks, jeff</p>

--------------

My Architectual Photography:

Architectural-Cinematographer.com