Canon 6d or 6d mk III

miksang_g

<p>I'd wait for the 6D-III if I were you :-) It will be soo much better than the mk II.<br>

Seriously, the 5D mk III is older, expect that one to be replaced first, don't hold your breath for the successor of the 6D. The lifespan of the full frame bodies is quite long so don't wait for future models. BTW, what is the quality/specifictions you're waiting for?</p>

<p>If you need or want a camera now, get what you can now.</p>

<p>Waiting for an unannounced upgrade is almost never a wise move.</p>

<p>Once an upgrade <strong><em>is</em></strong> announced, it's time to buy a new one of the previous mark that is being replaced when it is put on sale. That way you will miss all the excitement of new firmware upgrades to fix new problems, etc., etc. ;)</p>

<p>Canon moves at a snails pace...five years for the 7D II! That was after at least three years of rumours. Find the best camera that fits your needs, or if that is still not enough of an upgrade, then continue to wait.</p>

<p>I am curious. I never plug my camera in. Why do you need USB 3?</p>

<p>Fast SDXC card in a USB3 card reader is the way to go. By wire or Wi-Fi is much slower.</p>

<p>The 6D is still in its prime. I wouldn't expect a redesign in the near future. Maybe in 2 years? The Rebels, 5D3 and 1DX will probably get updates first.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>The bottleneck is the camera. Even w/ USB2 cameras, the direct transfer rate is a <em>fraction</em> of what both the bus, and the card supports. Even if the cameras were equipped w/ USB3, I would still expect them to be far slower at data xfer than by simply plugging a fast card into a fast 3.0 reader.</p>

<p>I also wouldn't necessarily expect the 6D'2' to support 4K video - the 7D2 does not, nor do even the most premium EOS units (except the 1-C of course) - Canon is very much about product differentiation, so I wouldn't necessarily expect the 6D'2' to be the first that supports 4K capture. Although it may depend on the proliferation of 4K video capture devices, and timing. Then again, the 6D is designed primarily as a<em> still</em> camera.</p>

<p>And don't be surprised if the price jumps considerably. Frankly, Canon's prices often have more to do with product differentiation and 'placement' than actual features...</p>

<p>Yes indeed, the 6D is a young camera, released in 2012 with 2007 sensor technology and a 2003 AF system. Canon should be able to milk a few more years out of it. <br>

In contrast to other manufacturers that are going for cutting edge features and retro 1960s/70s styling, Canon is aiming for a retro 1960s/70s feature set in the 6D mark II, with cutting edge pricing.</p>

<p>I couldn't agree with you more Geoff Francis. After looking into the Canon lineup more extensively I can't believe how dissapointing their features are in comparison to its competitors. If I didn't already have a bunch of glass I would definitely be going with a Nikon right now. <br /> I looked at sample videos from the 6d as well and I was blown away by how bad the moire was. You would think by putting down about $2000 on a camera the features and quality would at least be up to par. Doesn't seem like canon is really even putting out an effort.</p>