Hasselblad 500 C/M problem

ilkka_osmala

<p>The auxiliary shutter (barn doors) aren't closing properly. This is an indication that the body needs cleaning and lubrication. Put all the pieces together, or in a plastic bag, and ship the body to a recognized service facility. I find that Hasselblad in New Jersey does good work at competitive prices.</p>

<p>The barn doors are actuated by relatively weak hairpin springs. Any stiffness or lack of lubrication affects them.</p>

A really great video.

I've fixed this problem a few times. I did my own Hassy repairs, however I don't repair cameras as a camera

repair service. Hasselblad in New Jersey can surely fix this, but I'd rather send it to a member of this forum

named David Odess and support him. He is factory trained and my guess his turnaround time will be faster.

Google David. It should pop up on the first page. Google David Odess, Hasselblad repair. By the way, don't

attempt to repair this yourself. It can get kind of complicated, mainly the timing between the upper and lower

shutter curtain. For example it's pretty easy to screw up the alignment.

Thanks for all tips. Is the "shutter button not working" problem related to "auxiliary shutter not closing properly"? Or are

those separate issues?

As you can see I can not push shutter release button in without manually releasing internal locking. So shutter can not be

operated at all when it's put back together.

I am located in Finland so it would be better if I try to find local repair shop. Thanks for advices!

• 2 weeks later...