Camera stores in Saigon

avi_ratnayake

<p>Hi Folks,</p>

<p>I am looking for a new Canon 6D or 7D mark II, and will be going through Saigon soon. I was hoping to pick up a body there. Been looking all over the net for some updated info on decent shops for hunting, gotta few leads but most of the info seems at least a year old and since the Tax Free shopping centre is shut down as on October, I am not sure as to where to find the best shops. Any current info would be much appreciated. Thanks look forward to hearing from you.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Compared to Thailand, Malaysia and Cambodia, Vietnam is not so well served by camera shops. You might have to look a lot harder to find what you want. <br>

When purchasing in SE Asia be aware that many items are grey market so warranties may not be honored in USA, Europe etc.<br>

FYI The Name Saigon refers to a small area of Ho Chi Minh City. Officially HCM City is the correct name; however many South Vietnamese locals have not accepted the post war name of HCM City preferring to use the old Name of Saigon.</p>

<p>You can try<a href="http://www.khanhlong.com/"> this place.</a> However, you should contact Canon and find out a) if they are an authorized dealer, and b) where the warranty will be valid if they are an authorized dealer. It's been a while since I was in Vietnam, most name-brand goods being sold when I was there were either grey market or fake.</p>