Canon FD 200mm 2.8 not focusing to infinity. Help please.

gabriel_gerena

<p>Hi!<br />I finally went out to fully test my new lenses since I also got a Canon FD 2x extender and noticed that the 200mm is not focusing to infinity so I thought it was because of the extender but then I tried with a basic FD to NEX adapter and with the Lens Turbo 2 and either way, I am not able to focus to infinity.<br>

Is like just so close but cannot get there which is very frustrating as I love the rendering on that lens even for portraits.<br />Any ideas?</p>

<p>Did you try it on an FD body? If you are using adapters so the lens will mate with some other cameras, if the adapters are not precise (i.e. a bit too long), that will keep the lens from reaching infinity. I would try it on a Canon FD body, and if it still won't reach infinity, then it's gonna need a trip to a service technician.</p>

<p>Best,<br>

-Tim</p>

<p>It's <em>possible</em> that it is the adapters; but lenses that have been taken apart, for example, are not always put back with the right things in the right places. That's probably more likely if you just got the lens.</p>

<p>This happened to me with the first version of the 200/2.8 New FD. I bought the lens in pieces and had it reassembled. Without first trying it out I took it up to Lake George with an F-1 and a few other lenses. I put it on the camera and tried to shoot a scene on the other side of the lake. It just wouldn't focus that far. I had the lens adjusted when I got back and it is one of my favorite 200s. Much has been written about the IF version but my non-IF version is very good. With a lens as long and fast as a 200/2.8, infinity focus wide open is very far away. </p>