Fixing roots

<p>What's the best way in Photoshop to fix roots that are showing about an inch or more before the part line? Young woman, wavy 'blond' long hair. Her dark and mildly gray roots were showing when we shot her portraits. She's asked me to fix them as though she'd just colored her hair and no roots showing. I tried with clone stamp but made a big mess. I can borrow from where her hair is nicely colored but there is no hair definition when I paste the copied sections down, just mush of the right color. Thanks.</p>

<p>You can try these steps in Photoshop:<br>

First select general area in the picture using Lasso or Marquee tool.<br>

Than<br>

Image > Adjustments > Replace Color<br>

and use eyedroplet within "Replace Color" to select roots and change hue and saturation as needed.</p>

Thanks everyone. Yes, $75 per hour is what I charge for this type of editing but of course only if I get it done right. I should add something

about this in pre-shoot recommendations just like I do to void chipped nail polish. Thanks for the suggestions.

<p>I have a very simple policy for my shoots, temporary blemishes (pimples, bruises, etc.) I'll do my best to retouch. If it is permanent, or semi permanent, it stays the way it looks when you walk in.</p>

<p>Of course I'm shooting mostly art images and not for a client. </p>